Tuesday 2 February 2010

Top 5 Lost questions I would like answered



Lost Poster 05


With the sixth seasons start imminently upon us one thing I did want to do is outline the top 5 Lost questions that I would like answered this season, these range from minor mysteries to the more overarching questions that have been posed over the past five years. These mysteries are ones that I personally would like to see answered and I am sure that there are many more questions that others would want to see being wrapped up. I know that all the mysteries will not be solved and I am happy about this as I would much prefer to have some mysteries remaining especially in a show that is based on an enigmatic location. In no particular order here are my top 5 questions I would like to see answered:

1. Who is Richard and why does he remain ageless?

Click to view full size image

2. What did Claire's psychic really see?

Click to view full size image

3. What is the significance of the numbers?

Click to view full size image

4. Who do the Adam and Eve skeletons belong to?

Click to view full size image

5. All things Christian; who is the dead version and why does he appear to so many of the Losties?

Click to view full size image

With the exception of Richard Alpert all of these questions derive from season 1 showing that there are mysteries that were started in the beginning that have flowed through these five seasons and it is this that I believe to be one of the strengths of Lost, that even when there was doubt that the producers knew where the story was heading the basic elements of the show have always been there. I for one was never in the camp of 'they don't know what they are doing' and knowing that US television does not tend to allow a series to end of its own accord it was understandable that there were stumbling blocks along the way and that as soon as the end date was given the show was allowed to become a fully realised idea. That is not to say that there have been missteps on the way and that what the show was in the pilot and how it is now was a complete picture but as a feat in television it has been exceptional to me and whilst I am excited that the new season will  be starting sooner than soon, I will also be incredibly sad when it is over.
Also to reiterate something that Alan Sepinwall has said in his column today, it is the writing of the characters that made this programme what it is, would we care so much if the concept was what it is if these characters were not so fleshed out and if we weren't so invested in the fates of this group of people that we have been following for five years? He names FlashForward as a show which focuses more on the big picture rather than characterisation and I would say that this is the reason that I only like FlashForward  and don't love it, whereas I love Lost and character has a lot to do with it. 
So lets head back to Craphole island and enjoy the rest of the ride.

Photos courtesy of Mattson Creative and Lost Media

No comments:

Post a Comment