Tuesday 7 July 2009

The Daily Show

The Daily Show is on a weeks holiday so instead of new episodes to watch I have taken to the archive on the shows website to watch some classic Daily Show videos which feature old correspondent favourites including Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Ed Helms and Rob Corddry. I can really spend hours getting lost on this site as I didn’t start watching the show until 2005 so I have much to see that I haven’t already. I wrote a paper for my Masters last year on the show and I found myself getting very distracted during the research time by the extensive video collection, I would be watching them in the library and try to stifle my laughter which I forgot to do on many occasions so I think I must’ve looked a little crazy to the other people sitting around me, but it was worth it. I wrote quite a bit on Rob Riggle’s trip to Iraq which was a very good short series that they did, similarly Jason Jones has just has his trip to Iran aired and is definitely worth checking out for both comedy and as a general human interest piece.

This montage of comedians that have visited The Daily Show is what prompted me to go and spend more time than I should in the video vault of The Daily Show:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Old Timers' Day
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorJason Jones in Iran

And this is just one of my favourite Steve Carell pieces from his time on The Daily Show:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Satan Laws Are Coming to Town
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorJason Jones in Iran


And because I love Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell doing Even Stevphen

Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


No comments:

Post a Comment