Tuesday 28 April 2009

The return of Jeffster and a movie marathon with a TV vibe

Firstly, the finale of Chuck was most definitely awesome, I don’t want to say too much on the matter in case I spoil it for you but that really was a terrific hour of television and I’m looking forward to seeing it again. So much action, romance, comedy and drama all squeezed in, and to see the ‘To be continued’ title card at the end just makes me hope that it does continue and that all the hard work from the cast, crew and fans does pay off in a third season. I’m guessing we will find out the fate of Chuck next week, just gonna keep everything crossed until then. I also loved the return of Jeffster, hence the two videos and the end of this post.

    I’m having a bit of a movie marathon today, how is this relevant in a television blog? Well two of the films are adapted from TV programmes and the third film has had a cartoon series on television. I’m watching State of Play, Star Trek and Wolverine. I’m most excited about Star Trek, I’ve been lucky enough to get tickets to a preview show and I am a huge JJ Abrams fan, from the trailer this film looks like it will be pretty special. The early buzz seems to be pretty good as well so hopefully it will live up to these expectations. There is a nice smattering of TV stars in both Star Trek and Wolverine; Friday Night Lights’ Taylor Kitsch and my favourite hobbit turned rock star Dominic Monaghan in Wolverine, and Zachary Quinto as Spock in Star Trek. Original Spock Leonard Nimoy will also be staring in the season finale of Fringe which I also have high hopes for, it also sounded like him on the video tape at the end of last weeks episode which was pretty cool.

    Now I have to confess that I have seen neither the original State of Play nor Star Trek so I don’t have the original television versions to compare against, I’m not sure if it is necessarily a good thing to go in with a fresh pair of eyes but at least I won’t be disappointed if they aren’t as good as the original versions and I won’t get annoyed with elements that have been changed for these most recent versions. So tomorrow I will hopefully have some very positive things to say about all three films, until then I leave you with Jeffster times by two:




No comments:

Post a Comment